Kaz Vision & Laser Center is a full-service state-of-the-art vision care center offering all facets of eye care to residents of Hampton Roads since 1999. We are a multi-award winning and peer recognized eye surgery & treatment facility providing comprehensive eye exams, designer and sun glass eye wear, contact lens and surgical eye care services.
Our mission is to deliver the highest quality eye care resulting in the best possible vision health for all our clients.
Kaz Vision & Laser Center has been a consistent award winner for eye exam, eye surgery services and eye wear selection in Hampton Roads. Dr. Kaz has also been recognized as one of the regions top ophthalmologists by the community and her peers.
Local Awards & Recognition
Coastal Virginia Magazine (formerly Hampton Roads Magazine)
- 2003 Top Docs of Hampton Road's - Recognized as one of the region's top 5 Ophthalmologists
- 2008 Top Docs of Hampton Road's - as Chosen by Their Peers for Ophthalmology
- 2012 Top Docs of Hampton Road's - Recognized as one of the region's top 5 Ophthalmologists
- 2014 Top Docs of Hampton Road's - Recognized as one of the region's top 5 Ophthalmologists
- 2015 Best of Hampton Roads - Gold Winner Best Designer Eyewear
- 2016 Top Ophthalmologist in Newport News - Daily Press Local Awards
- 2018 Best of Reader's Choice Award - Best Designer Eyewear for Peninsula
- 2020 Top Docs of Hampton Road's - Recognized as one of the region's top 5 Ophthalmologists
Kian M. Kaz, M.D., is a board certified ophthalmologist specializing in cataract, refractive, and corneal surgery. She founded Kaz Vision & Laser Center in 1999. A native of Chicago, Dr. Kaz received her B.A. with honors in chemistry from Lake Forest College, her doctor of medicine degree at Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, and her residency in ophthalmology at Vanderbilt University. She went on to complete a Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery fellowship at Louisiana State University. She has received several honors and awards, including recognition by Hampton Roads Magazine as one of the Top Doctors in 2003, 2008, and 2012.
Dr. Kaz specializes in cataract and laser refractive surgery, corneal transplants, glaucoma management, diabetic eye conditions and anterior segment eye disease. She attends several ophthalmology conferences each year to keep up with the newest surgical procedures and eye disease management. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Virginia Society of Ophthalmology and the Medical Society of Virginia.
In her spare time, Dr. Kaz is a concert pianist and enjoys singing in her church choir. She and her husband enjoy the outdoors, especially with Dupre, their precious maltipoo.